four days in january!
Our annual conference brings together jazz beginners and experts for a once-in-a lifetime experience.
Part music festival, part networking, part education and all inspiration. The annual conference hosts thousands of people from around the globe.
Early Bird registration May 1 – September 30
Advance Registration October 1 – December 10
what can i expect at the conference?
The annual JEN conference offers a variety of events, including sessions and clinics to fit every attendee’s jazz interest. If you want to learn more about jazz education, research, technology, jazz industry and music business, improvisation, composition, panel discussions, and more, we have a session for you!
You can attend the JENerations Jazz Festival, where you’ll see and hear schools and community ensembles and groups perform and receive instruction and feedback from some of the most well-known educators and artists in the business. For more about JJF, CLICK HERE.
Here are the other program performances you can attend:
- Young Composer Showcase
- Sisters in Jazz Collegiate Combo
- JENerations Jazz Festival
- Scholarship/Benefit fundraiser concert
Finally, if you’re looking for some killer jazz performances, the annual JEN conference is the place to be! We have performances going on all day every day. Our evening concerts are second to none and worth the registration price alone!
Check out our future conference dates and sites below:
- 2024 – Jan. 3 – 6 New Orleans, LA – Hyatt Regency Hotel
- 2025 – Jan. 8 – 11 Atlanta, GA – Hyatt Regency Hotel
- 2026 – Jan. 7 – 11 New Orleans – Hyatt Regency Hotel
- 2027 – Jan. 6 – 9 Louisville, KY – Galt House Hotel Trademark Collection by Wyndham
The Jazz Education Network Board has established a philosophical, practical and fiscally sound approach as we pursue conference locations.
Prior to 2013, we utilized a site review committee to make recommendations to the Board. Since 2013, JEN has utilized the Hospitality Performance Network (HPN), Casey Kruer, VP of Accounts, [email protected] or (502) 819-8671 as our agent in locating comparable sites based on certain criteria. HPN has proven beneficial for us as they bring significantly more clout due to the number of clients in their collective portfolio and established relationships with all major hotels around the world.
JEN employs the following criteria when determining conference sites:
- All activity under one roof. This limits JEN to 8-10 U.S. hotels with ample space to host our conference
- Affordability of room rates to our membership (note pricing since inception):
2010: $75 • Hilton Airport Hotel, St. Louis/Site: University of MO St. Louis • May 23-2
2011: $150 • Roosevelt Hotel, New Orleans, LA • Jan 5-8
2012: $115/$135 • The Galt House, Louisville, KY • Jan 4-7
2013: $119 • Hyatt Regency Peachtree, Atlanta, GA • Jan 2-5
2014: $139 • Hyatt Regency at Reunion, Dallas, TX • Jan 8-11
2015: $169 • Manchester Grand Hyatt, San Diego, CA • Jan 7-10
2016: $115/$139 • The Galt House, Louisville, KY • Jan 6-9
2017: $169 • Hyatt Regency, New Orleans, LA • Jan 4-7
2018: $149 • Hyatt Regency, Dallas, TX • Jan 3-6
2019: $89/$109 • Grand Sierra Resort, Reno, NV • Jan 9-12
2020: $179 • Hyatt Regency, New Orleans, LA • Jan 8-11
2021: $127/$147 • The Galt House, Louisville, KY • Jan 6-9
2022: $179 • Hyatt Regency, Dallas, TX • Jan 5-8
2023: price TBD • Omni Orlando Resort, Orlando FL • Jan 4-7
2024: $209 • Hyatt Regency, New Orleans, LA • Jan 3-6
2025: $185 • Hyatt Regency, Atlanta, GA • Jan 8-11
- Accessibility to our regional membership by air/drivability by car/bus
- Mass Transit options from airports to hotel
- Family friendly atmosphere & a location that is known to cater to student groups
- Low attrition obligation (Hotels mandate that JEN sell a percentage of the room block in order to receive complimentary event space. Otherwise the event space is very expensive)
- Low food & beverage obligation (Hotels mandate that JEN purchase a minimum of food and beverage that can be very expensive)
- Generous Concessions to the organization which assist the organization with keeping the costs associated with producing the conference LOW!
- Ability to bring the conference in at or under the established budget
- Established 3-4 year rotation of conference sites to create familiarity with the venues for maintaining production and membership costs
2023 producing sponsor
conference show guide sponsor
The Jazz Education Network is grateful to our generous show guide sponsor.
JEN Annual Conference ShowGuide Ads are handled directly through the magazine company each year.
acknowledgements & thanks
The Jazz Education Network is grateful to all who help make our annual conference possible.